Monday, May 24, 2010

Kids make me LAUGH!!

Ahhh, children. I owe so much to the kids in my life. Not just my own, but all the little ones I spend 55+ hours a week with! They are so funny! I thought I would throw out a few of the recent conversations I've been either involved with, or overheard.

I have a darling little boy who is simply in LOVE with Star Wars. I don't mean, 'hey, I kinda like this movie, maybe we should watch it...' he actually SINGS the THEME music, AND the background music...and can probably recite it line for line. It's awesome.

One day, this very intellegent little boy decides he would like to play Star Wars with one very adorable little girl with a slight speech impedament. She said, "Okay, I will be Dark Vador and you can be Dark Sidious" and he instantly became upset. He's like, "NO!! It's DARTH Vador and DARTH Sidious!!" and she, getting more frustrated herself, yells back, "THAT'S WHAT I SAID!! DARK VADOR AND DARK SIDIOUS!!" The little boy pauses, knowing he is not going to win this one, and said, "Okay, let's just play." The little girl responds, "May the forest be with you!!" to which the little boy rolls his eyes, and simply walks away.

Then, while doing dishes after lunch one noon hour, my little kids decided they were going to play "ring-around-the-rosey". They all grab hands, even the little girl who just learned to walk, and start turning in a circle...

"Ring around the Rosey! Pockets full of posies! ASSES, ASSES, we all fall DOWN!"

I won't even go into the "Fucky Chicken" cheer...

When Levi was about 3, he didn't say much that made sense. In fact, I think it was a rare occurance indeed that anything that came out of his mouth had any sort of significant value...most of his talking was quoting something he had heard from TV or, something that I had taught him...but in Mrs. Sloan's room, one day, he found a phrase that not only made sense, but got the entire room to go silent. It was a bit noisy in hall that day, I believe, and so Levi simply said, "Shut the damned door."
I believe that managed to get the job done, the door was immediately closed. Mrs. Sloan didn't know whether to be excited that he said something that made sense or mad at the way he said it!! :) That's my boy!

Two little girls were talking one day. The sweet blonde looks at the sassy brunette, and says, "My daddy calls me a little princess." Not missing a beat, the sassy little brunette looks at her and says, 'My daddy calls me a little beotch".

That same little sassy brunette was on her way to the kitchen one day to throw away her diaper, and she realized that I had moved a toy, and it caught her totally by surprise, and she stopped dead in her tracks, at about 18 months old, and said, "OH SHIT!"

I have taught CCD for years now, and one class was all about Noah's Ark. I was teaching the K-1st grade class. I read them the story, we did a Noah's Ark craft, and even had little puppets. As soon as the class was over, I just wanted to know at least a few of them had payed attention. I asked my class, "Who can tell me who we talked about tonight?" Out of eight children, ONE hand flew up, and I called on this cute little boy who enthusiastically responded, "ELVIS!!"

Yes, kids know how to keep you on your toes! I have to admit, when this stuff happens I have to leave the room to laugh BEFORE I tell them it is inappropriate...but I do the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment